The Coach Sports Bar Webster New York
The Coach Sports Bar Webster New York
The Coach Sports Bar
19 W. Main Street
Webster, NY 14580
585-872-2910
fritz@thecoachsportsbar.com
Known for the COLDEST BEER in town!
Counter
AN HISTORIC TREASURE

The Coach Sports Bar is
located at the site of the
original Spears Tavern.  
James Spears opened his
business at 19 West Main
Street in 1812.  There were
two dining rooms and ten
guest rooms for stagecoach
passengers and other
visitors to North Penfield,
as Webster was then called.
 In 1849 Alexis Russel ran
like the Webster hotel, her
competition. When the
boarding house closed, the
west end of the building was
rented to Dr. James E.
Smith, who in 1893 became
Webster's first resident
veterinarian.
Since then, many people
have owned and
THE WEBSTER CHRONICLE
June 2nd, 2006Volume 1 , I ssue 1
A 200 YEAR JOURNEY
The Coach Sports Bar Webster New York
operated the building at 19
West Main Street.  Charles
Steve reopened the hotel in
1904.  Mae DeField operated
the DeField Hotel for many
years at the same location.  
In 1936 the Stage Coach Inn
Opened under the ownership
of Mr. And Mrs. McGuire and
subsequently went through
many owners until Anthony
Stolt bought the property in
1950.  Mr. Stolt operated
the inn even through a
devastating fire on February
16. 1969, when the building
was completely razed.  The
structure as it is today
opened in September of
1969. In December 1983,
four local businessmen
bought The Coach.  Charles
Basch, John Harten, Ralph
Ruoff, and Richard Sippel
operated the restaurant
with Larry Panepinto until
November 16th, 1988 when
the doors again closed.         
   Marti Sierk reopened the
building in 1990 as the
Webster Village Inn, a
formal restaurant and bar.
She later decided the village
needed a more casual atmos-
phere and renovated the
inside to make it that way.  
In 1991 she reestablished
the business as the Coach, a
reflection of the past
existence as the Stage
Coach Inn. The Sierk family
has operated it ever since.